Maa-Mother

Mother disappears from the eyes,
eyes would cry while looking for her.
She decorates dreams in her eyes,
and in every moment of her sleep, she sleeps and wakes up.

 She is the light of my eyes,
I am pearl of her eyes.
how many laps have she daily got wet,
even then she doesn’t lose her patience.



The house tells that I am the only child,
first grandson of my grandmother.
the heavenly laps of mother,
what would be if mother have not been around.

There was no shortage,
shortage was filled with water from river Ganges.
I laughed and cried while growing,
throwing a tantrum if I felt impatient.

No word to describe how mother would be,
mother would have been just like mother.
today I am, that wouldn’t be possible,
if mother wouldn’t be with me.


~KRISHNA SAPROO

THIS POEM IS DEDICATED TO ALL MOTHERS......


Comments

Popular Posts